|Home ~ Store ~ Crystals ~ Contact ~ Digging Contest ~ Cleaning Process
Digging Tours ~ Upcoming Shows ~ Special Orders ~ Links
HOORAY!!! the 26th Annual
World's Championship Quartz Crytal Digging Contest
is ON for 2013, in conjunction with
the 29th ANNUAL QUARTZ, QUILTZ 'n' CRAFTZ FESTIVAL October 11 - 13, 2013!!!
Of course, if you choose to not enter the contest, you can still come and dig as groups or individuals at various area mines!
Just because the 'contest' is on, 'NOT' all digging has been cancelled- just at the specific digging contest areas.
Digging Contest Dates - Friday, Saturday, and Sunday(prize awards day),
October 11, 12 and 13, 2013
Come & Dig in Actual
Working Quartz Crystal
Mines in the Heart of the
Test Your Skills
Meet other Miners
KEEP ALL YOU FIND!
Maybe Even Win a Prize!!
First National Bank
HEY!, YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO DIG AS INDIVIDUALS OR GROUPS AT AREA MINES!!! It is just the CONTEST that was cancelled.
- Prize Money divided between the top winners in each division.
- Crystal Trophies to First and Second place winners in each division.
- BE FAMOUS!! Winners usually have their pictures placed in the local newspaper and they are also posted on the Mount Ida Area Chamber of Commerce Website: www.mtidachamber.com!
- No refunds after October 1, 2013.
- Keep all you dig. Crystals turned in for judging will be returned to you at the conclusion of the contest.
- Use only hand tools - picks, shovels, screwdrivers, digger bars, wheelbarrows, etc. You must provide your own tools, buckets and wrapping material for crystals.
- Contestants will not be allowed to 'practice dig' in the participating mines on Wednesday before the dig.
- Contestants MUST NOT be engaged in the quartz crystal mining business. (like me)
- Ages 10-16 may enter with adult contestant supervision.
- Contestants must assemble in the Assay Office at the Fairgrounds each morning before proceeding to the mine they choose to dig in for that day.
- Contestants can choose which mine, or mines, they want to dig in during the 3 days of the contest. Contestants may not 'switch' mines during the alotted time frame for each day. You must stay in the mine you chose that day, for the whole day.
- Digging hours are from 9am to 3pm, each day. Dig as many or few hours in this time frame as you choose.
- Your dig number, rules, and registration will be sent to you as soon as your registration form and fee are received.
- BE SURE TO VISIT MY BOOTH, STRAIGHT OUT THE BACK DOOR OF THE ASSAY OFFICE! Can't miss me! You can also come and see my beautiful crystal yard and processing center here at the World Headquarters by private appointment.